We need an IT Support person to assist our IT Coordinator. Initially this will be a 16-20 hour per week role that may appeal to a 3rd year student, or an IT savvy person wanting a part time role. This position may potentially grow into more hours and can be based out of any of our Support Offices (Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch).
You don’t need to be an expert but you need to:
- have some understanding of Windows, ChromeOS, and iOS.
- a keen learner, and a clear communicator who is able to work autonomously.
- able to think outside the box, work smart and be on the hunt for something to do.
- be customer focused and enjoy problem-solving.
The IT Support (level 1) is responsible for ensuring timely resolution of end-user requests for a diverse range of IT technologies. We are not your typical IT Department, and service a wide range of mobile devices, wireless networks, and cloud apps. We live in the cloud, so understanding of cloud-based management products would be great.
- Assist in the timely resolution of user-reported problems
- Ensure accurate and timely logging of problems and resolution for problems in the management database
- Maintain and add to desktop support knowledge base
- Liaise with necessary internal and external contacts to resolve issues efficiently
- Support of Laptops, iPhones, iPads, Chromebooks
- Management of cloud-based services: Office 365, Google Apps, Cisco Meraki, etc
- System monitoring and fault reporting
- Preventative measures, auditing, logging
- Entry level support for networking, all cloud-based managed.
- Automation/reduction of clerical administration requirements of the IT department
Experience and Technical Competencies:
- Good understanding of Windows environment, Azure AD connected
- Troubleshooting and maintaining PC's, Chromebooks, and iOS devices
- Basic networking understanding
- Supporting a range of end user devices (including but are not limited to phones, devices, and Wi-Fi Broadband devices)
- Troubleshooting software conflicts and performance issues
- Sound experience in the use of an incident management tool
- Capability securing and strengthening configurations options + settings
- Great knowledge of PC hardware and Windows OS, all versions
- Great knowledge of MS Office suite including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Please send your CV or cover letter to : HR@kindercare.co.nz
A full valid driver’s licence is required, as you will need to visit centres on occasion for trouble shooting. This position will commence as soon as we find our new IT savvy team member. Kindercare police vet all employees.